Adelphi Theatre

Capacity: 1,500

Currently home to: Kinky Boots

The Adelphi was founded in 1806 as the Sans Pareil, by merchant John Scott, and his daughter Jane. The present building is the fourth on the site and was renovated in 1879 and again in 1887 when the house next door, along with The Hampshire Hog in The Strand and the Nell Gwynne Tavern in Bull Inn Court, were bought by the Gattis in order to enlarge the theatre. They also built a new enlarged facade and part of this can still be seen today above the Crystal Rooms next door to the present Adelphi Theatre.

Find out more about the West End production of Kinky Boots, currently playing at London’s Adelphi Theatre