Nadim Naaman announces tracklist for his second album, Sides, & guests for the album launch
West End performer Nadim Naaman, currently filling the boots of Raoul in The Phantom of the Opera, will be releasing his second album Sides with independent label Auburn Jam Records on June 20th.
Nadim is delighted to be joined on the album by guest vocalists Rob Houchen (Les Misérables), Eva Noblezada (Miss Saigon, Les Misérables), Jeremy Secomb (Les Misérables, Sweeney Todd), Celinde Schoenmaker (Phantom of the Opera, Les Misérables), and Laura Tebbutt (Forbidden Broadway, The Wizard of Oz). The album will also feature a bonus track of the previously released ‘A Soldier’s Christmas’, written by Nadim and performed with former Phantom, Gerónimo Rauch.
The album will be launched with a gig at The Hippodrome, London on Sunday June 19th at 3pm, where Nadim will be joined by an 8-piece band led by MD & the album’s producer Joe Davison, and guest vocalists from the album Rob Houchen, Jeremy Secomb, Celinde Schoenmaker and Laura Tebbutt, plus long-time friend and collaborator Will Barratt (Jersey Boys, Phantom of the Opera)
The concept of Sides, which Nadim has been working on with producer Joe Davison since August last year, is a double-length album showcasing both sides of Nadim as a performer: as a singer-songwriter with nine original self-penned songs; and as an actor, with his take on nine musical theatre songs from writers and shows which have shaped and influenced his career so far:
1. Blinded By Fire
2. This’ll Be The Year
4. Something Out Of Reach
5. Here I Am – feat. Jeremy Secomb
6. I Want More
7. Falling – feat. Laura Tebbutt
8. Learn To Say Goodbye
9. Marry Me
10. One, Two, Three from The Fix (John Dempsey & Dana P. Rowe)
11. The Proposal/The Night Was Alive from Titanic (Maury Yeston) – feat. Rob Houchen
12. What Is It About Her? from The Wild Party (Andrew Lippa)
13. Moving Too Fast from The Last Five Years (Jason Robert Brown)
14. Funny from City of Angels (Cy Coleman & David Zippel)
15. Out There from The Hunchback of Notre Dame (Alan Menken & Stephen Schwartz)
16. Goodbye/Boom Boom from Elegies (William Finn) – feat. Eva Noblezada
17. Fight The Fight from From Here To Eternity (Stuart Brayson & Tim Rice)
18. The Phantom of the Opera from The Phantom of the Opera (Andrew Lloyd Webber, Charles Hart & Richard Stilgoe) – feat. Celinde Schoenmaker
Bonus Track: A Soldier’s Christmas – written by Nadim & featuring Gerónimo Rauch.
A limited run of physical CD copies of Sides will be released, which can be pre-ordered now from Auburn Jam Records. All pre-orders will be signed by Nadim, available individually at £16 or as a bundle with his first album for only £20, and will be dispatched the week before the launch. The album will also be available for download via all major online retailers from June 20th. Tickets to the album launch gig on June 19th can be booked via The Hippodrome box office: www.hippodromecasino.com/events or 0207 7698888.