St Martins Theatre
Currently home to: The Mousetrap
The theatre is located in West Street, near Shaftesbury Avenue and was designed by W.G.R. Sprague as one of a pair of theatres, along with the Ambassadors Theatre, also in West Street. Although the Ambassadors opened in 1913, construction of the St Martin’s was delayed by the outbreak of the First World War. The theatre is still part-owned by the present Lord Willoughby de Broke, with Stephen Waley-Cohen.