Paul Taylor-Mills presents the return of the highly celebrated annual festival of new musical theatre, MTFestUK 2022, running from 31 January – 12 February 2022 at The Turbine Theatre in Battersea.
The Festival sets out to promote quality artistry, showcasing new musicals to UK audiences with a view to elevating them to full production, and giving audiences an insight into the process of creating new work and the art of collaboration. Paul Taylor-Mills launched the inaugural MTFestUK season at The Other Palace in 2019, followed by a 2020 & 2021 season at The Turbine Theatre.
Applicants need to include:
- A 150-words synopsis about the show.
- A paragraph about the creative team and journey of the project to date.
- Two songs that show off what the musical has to offer.
Listening to and watching new work is a very personal experience. Ultimately, it’s all a question of taste. That said, here’s a list of helpful notes of what we’re looking for:
- How does your work connect to the present? We want musicals that speak to the here and now and that have something to say about the world we live in.
- We’re not afraid of ambitious work of scale. The main question we ask ourselves is: does the work move us in some way?
- Does it make us think, laugh, cry or something else?
- There are no rules as to how developed or finished a piece needs to be. Previous shows have had a life on Broadway and have been re-written, other pieces had a few songs. We’re interested in ideas and the potential future of pieces, not necessarily how much is done.
Submissions to be part of this festival are now open, and to submit shows for consideration please email email@example.com by the closing date on Friday 29 October 2021.