Currently home to: Jersey Boys
The Piccadilly was built by Bertie Crewe and Edward A. Stone for Edward Laurillard and opened in 1928. Its simple facade conceals a grandiose Art Deco interior designed by Marc-Henri Levy and Gaston Laverdet. It was briefly taken over by Warner Brothers and operated as a cinema using the Vitaphone system and premièred the first talking picture to be shown in Great Britain, The Singing Fool with Al Jolson. The theatre reopened in November 1929, with a production of The Student Prince.